Tuesday, April 07, 2009

At first I was worried when I heard they were making Where the Wild Things Are into a movie.

Because it could turn out to be another disaster like "Cat in the Hat." You know how it feels when Hollywood takes a classic picture book from your childhood and cranks it out as a real schlockter. Hurts the heart a little.

Then I heard that Spike Jonze was directing it. OK. I started to get hopeful again. This could be... potentially... great.

THEN, I saw this trailer, and along with the musical magic of the Arcade Fire, I got a little teary-eyed.



Are you as excited as I am?

THIS JUST IN: Dave Eggers co-wrote the screenplay, and Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs collaborated on the soundtrack. Now I'm officially giddy with anticipation.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails