Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Favorites vol. 14

1. pretty flats
Pointy or round, with bows or sparkles, my feet always appreciate alternating flats with heels.






2. argyle socks





3. quilts
Honestly, quilts aren't exactly my or my hubs' style. (We're much more mid-century modern.) That said, these quilts are so warm and homey, what's not to like?




I really love this yo-yo quilt. Yo-yo quilts are the fast and easy way to make a quilt, because they're not quilts at all, more like a coverlet. I'm thinking of making one! Here's a video showing how to make the yo-yos, and here's one of many online guides that explains how to put it all together.


4. homemade cookies



My personal favorite cookie is the much-underrated, and hard-to-find Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.


And although I never make them (who knows why?) I have a special, soft spot in my heart for chocolate chip cookie bars. These were like crack at church potluck dessert tables. Those of you who came into contact with any number of church potluck dessert tables growing up know exactly what I mean.



5. underwater photography

Whether really high-end/couture stuff like this, in a blackened tank


or just for fun, I love underwater photography.


It's so ethereal!
Plus, they did it on America's Next Top Model, so you just know it's a good idea.

4 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

I'm going to now going to go make some cookies in my sparkly flats then eat them wrapped up in a pretty quilt. It's cold today.

amy said...

That sounds absolutely perfect! Sorry to hear that it's cold where you are, but I'd happily trade you for our too-hot Texas heat.

Kendi Lea said...

Ohhh why are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so hard to find?!?

amy said...

Kendi-- I don't know! But I did recently discover that Tiff's Treats (a local cookie place) makes them, and our new favorite burger place, P. Terry's only has one kind of cookie on their menu-- oatmeal chocolate chip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails