Tuesday, March 23, 2010

After reading Cormac McCarthy's

The Road

(which I absolutely loved and would describe as two parts horror to one part beauty)
I needed to take the edge off a bit, so I'm rereading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.


And come on, it has something to do with the newest movie as well...

If you haven't seen it, you have to-- not because it's necessarily the best interpretation, but come on. Johnny, Helena and Anne-- I mean, come ON.

When I was little I loved the whimsy and silliness of the story, and when I reread it in college, I definitely picked up on the social commentary. This time around, I'm finding it absolutely hilarious and well... wonderful.



What are your favorite books from childhood?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up with all the Roald Dahl books-- James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, The Witches, Fantastic Mr. Fox. Classic!

Trish M.

Anonymous said...

Favorite books from childhood... fairy tales, Narnia, and Oz.

And since you've got fashion & Alice in Wonderland over here, I thought I'd share the Alice-inspired top I just ordered to wear to the art festival

http://clockworkcouture.com/?q=node/525

My favorite books seem to influence my favorite clothes.

amy said...

@Trish-- Yes! I love Road Dahl. Did you get a chance to see Fantastic Mr. Fox?

@Mapelba-- I understand books influencing your fashion. Mine do, too-- as do my favorite films. I've never read the Oz books, but I'm really thinking about it. They seem like the perfect books to read before bed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails