Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I discovered Life Magazine Photo Heaven

You guys. How much do you love the classic images from Life Magazine? I mean, Life was one of the best photojournalist accounts of American society ever printed.



I just found out that you can search over ten million images from Life Magazine archived here. You can search by decade, name, key word, you name it. Ninety-seven percent of the images have never been seen before.
Or, when you search images in Google, just add "source:life" to search only the Life archives.



Here are a few of my favorite searches so far...

Marilyn Monroe



1960s



Ballerinas



So fabulous. I know where I'll be for the next few hours....

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh I could sit and go through those archives for days. Now I fear I will!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Anna said...

i have been obsessed with Life magazine photos ever since i came across the archived brilliance!!

it makes my heart giddy to live in a time with such things at my fingertips! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails