Thursday, September 30, 2010

This weekend, we will not be in Albuquerque.

Which I'm a little sad about. Because, this weekend is the annual International Balloon Fiesta (I always want to call a Festival, but it's not. It's a Fiesta.)







Nathan and I have said for years that we want to go, and not just because he grew up in a tiny town about thirty minutes outside Albuquerque.
It just seems so magical. Strolling around hand-in-hand, taking gorgeous pictures of gorgeous hot air balloons. Add a pumpkin spice latte and I go weak in the knees.






"No one can be uncheered by a balloon."
-- Winnie the Pooh

4 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

It sounds like a wonderful festival. All these photos are beautiful! Enjoy!

joanna said...

Awwww. I'm gonna have to go home and watch Winnie the Pooh now. No joke. Balloons are probably one of my all time favorite things in the whole wide world.

livin wide said...

love it.

they have a hot air balloon fest here in austin (or at least they used to when i was growing up). that could be a fun alternative!

Anna said...

<3. i was born in Albuquerque, but only lived there until i was 2. ; )

i really really really wanna go on a hot air balloon ride- it's on my bucket list! : )

xo-

Related Posts with Thumbnails