Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Favorites, vol. 47

1. clear plastic umbrellas





2. tulle
Just because we didn't all grow up to be ballerinas doesn't mean that we can't all enjoy tulle.








BONUS:
I'm making some tutus this weekend using this tutorial. They aren't for me. I promise to explain more later.


Please pardon the cheesy opening music -- the tutorial is great!


3. fried pickles
(Especially dipped in ranch dressing.)
And everyone knows that fried pickle spears > fried pickle chips. It all comes down to the pickle-to-breading-ratio.





4. herb gardens on windowsills
Which I know is oddly specific.







BONUS: Oddlyspecific.com Because I'm sort of over the whole "fail" thing, but these photos are hilarious.


5. Arcade Fire

My ever-talented, ever-marvelous husband picked up two of the ever-elusive Arcade Fire tickets today. The show is the EXACT same day as his birthday in two months. I couldn't have thought up a more perfect birthday present.





One of my favorite Arcade Fire songs of all time:

7 comments:

Linda W said...

I've seen the Arcade Fire in concert. Amazing. You. Will. Love. It.

joanna said...

I'm so jealous that you got tickets! I didn't even know about it until it sold out.

P.S. I broke up with my boyfriend the other day because of the events that happened after he asked me who the arcade fire was. And I don't think we will ever recover from this.

amy said...

Linda-- I had a ticket to see Arcade Fire when they toured Funeral a long time ago. But I was super, super sick so I ended up not going and it's been such a regret of mine. If they play a few songs from that album, in particular Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) I will be able to forgive myself.

Joanna-- Sorry to hear that. But I totally understand. Some things are definitely deal-breakers. Nathan said the tickets sold out in 15 minutes. Have you checked Stub Hub? I know there are a bunch listed there, although they're going for about double what they originally cost. Boo!

joanna said...

Haha that wasn't the REAL reason. And yeah, I'm not gonna pay twice the amount. The prices are crazy!

amy said...

Joanna-- Hahahaha! That's super funny. Had a feeling you were sort of kidding. If I get a lead on a ticket that doesn't cost the price of a studio apartment, I'll def let you know.

livin wide said...

damn you. now i must go to pluckers for some friend pickles.

amy said...

Sandhya-- You can't make me laugh out loud like that at work! it's a dead giveaway that I'm off-task. Have you had the fried pickles at the Alamo? Uh... heaven.

Related Posts with Thumbnails