Friday, June 16, 2006

In the '80s we made mix tapes.

Now we burn CDs from our playlists using itunes.

In honor of summer, (and my boredom,) I have created two new fun and exciting playlists. On the first one, I tried to pick songs that you would want to sing at the top of your lungs driving down the road while you blast the AC, or with the window down if you don't live in Texas. The second playlist is more like what you would play while you sit on your patio/porch in the evening. I would love to burn CDs for everyone, so if you are in need of a new mix CD, let me know or drop me a comment and I will send them to you. Seriously, this is my idea of fun.

Here is the lineup, just to whet your appetite.

Side A: Songs to play on a Summer Day
1. I Can't Get Next to You - Al Green
2. Come Together - The Beatles
3. Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
4. The Woman in You - Ben Harper
5. Down to the River to Pray - Alison Krauss
6. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
7. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
8. Eternal Flame (live) - Susana Hoffs
9. Sweetness Follows - REM
10. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
11. Spring Provides - Matt Pond PA
12. Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar
13. Just What I Needed - The Cars
14. Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
15. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

Side B: Songs to play on a Summer Night
1. By Your Side - Sade
2. Every Breath You Take - The Police
3. Universal Traveler - Air
4. How Sweet It Is - Joan Osborne
5. The Moon Softly Weeps a Lullaby - The Autumns
6. A Case of You (live) - Diana Krall
7. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
8. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
9. Cannonball - Damien Rice
10. Way Over Yonder - Carole King
11. Unchained Melody - Cyndi Lauper
12. Songs We Used to Sing - Edie Brickell
13. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John
14. What a Difference a Day Made - Dinah Washington

3 comments:

amy said...

I'll take one!

OK... This is really just me. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. That way, pyschologically, others will want one, too. Tricky, huh?

Anonymous said...

so let me be the first to ask for a CD...you have no idea how often i think about you when i'm at home...i have...wait for it...wait for it...SEVEN AMY MADE CDs...

i want to take this moment to advertise the amazingness of amy's cds...i work out to them...i ride in my car with them...i listen to them at work...i get mad at my boyfriend to them...they're GREAT!

that sounded sarcastic...but i'm completely serious...amy...i don't know if you remember making them for me...but they are my favorites...i've burned a couple of copies for friends...they're so good...AND...one of them said, "did you do this?" i said, "no...my fabulously tasteful girlfriend amy did." and he said, "is she a DJ?" WHAT? HOW COOL IS THAT! maybe you should be a dj in the summer...

ok...i love you and can't wait to see you...peace...SEND ME SOME CDs!

p.s. stace makes a great country cd...if you're ever wanting to go that route.

amy said...

Wow, I think that is one the best compliments I have ever received!
OK, Ms. Erika, your CDs will be made this weekend, and since (hopefully) we'll be seeing you next weekend, I can give them to you in person.
Love you too, and looking forward to seeing you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails