Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maybe it happened when I turned 30.

Not sure. But at some point along the way, I realized that I like organization. I like tidiness. (That word looks funny....)

Tonight I decided to clean/organize our closet. There was nothing good on TV, believe it or not, and if I didn't act soon, our closet was going to collapse into a black hole and kill someone.

Here was my motivation:


A Pandora radio station started with the Cars' "Just What I Needed" and a beautiful pina colada.

Abigail really wanted to help.

Either that, or she really wanted my colada.

This was BEFORE:

Scary, no?

And then, after much '80s dancing, colada drinking, kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth, I give you AFTER:

Ta da!!! Maisy was confused, as you can see. Then again, she's confused most of the time.

And best of all, the shoes...

Aaaahhhh. A closet of beauty is a joy forever.


Cleaning the Closet Colada:
Equal parts cream of coconut, pineapple juice and spiced rum.
(1/4 cup is a good starting place, but don't be scared of the half cup, if your closet is extra big and very messy)
Blend with lots of ice until frothy.
Happy organizing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Closet beautiful :)

amy said...

Thanks! I wish it were bigger, but it's quite organized and lovely now.

Colleen said...

Nice before and after.

Related Posts with Thumbnails