Tuesday, November 09, 2010

fall mixtape

Nathan and I have this thing with making mixtapes. OK, they're really mix CDs, but we like to remember the mixtapes of yesteryear. Wait a second-- did I just say "yesteryear"? Sorry bout that.



It's one of my traditions to make summer mixes and share them with friends. Nathan and I also make them every time we have a roadtrip. We like to keep our mixes a secret and then see if we repeated any songs. We usually have at least a couple songs that we both pick. For every song that we repeat, we both get to select a prize. All right, there are no prizes... but isn't that a good idea? I think I'll institute it immediately.

I give you... My fall mixtape:
1. Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer cover) - Florence + the Machine
2. Bag of Hammers - Thao (and the Get Down Stay Down)
3. Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) - Jay-Z
4. Hello Tomorrow - Karen O. and Squeak E. Clean
5. Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman
6. Songs We Used to Sing - Edie Brickell
7. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - The Arcade Fire
8. King of Pain - The Police
9. St. Teresa - Joan Osborne
10. Seed of Wonder (acoustic) - Jesca Hoop
11. How Do You Do It - Quiet Company
12. Cherry, Cherry - Neil Diamond
13. Drumming Song - Florence + The Machine
14. World Outside - The Devlins
15. Staring at the Sun - TV on the Radio
16. Fix You - Coldplay
17. Imagine (remastered) - John Lennon
18. You! Me! Dancing - Los Campesinos!



Thanks to Grooveshark, my little dream of a mixtape club can be a reality-- and all without infringing on any copyright laws OR dealing with that pesky post office.
Listen to my fall mixtape* here on Grooveshark.
*It's missing the John Lennon song because of the Beatles and how all their songs are locked in the Disney Neverland Vault.

I would LOVE to hear a mixtape from you-- and all you have to do to share is sign up for Grooveshark and then friend me. (I'm theamyshow.)

BONUS:
You can even get my fall mixtape** from iTunes.
**It's missing the Police song and the Jesca Hoop song. Whaaa? You're dead to me, iTunes.

2 comments:

austingastronomist.com said...

Yeah!! Grooveshark is the bestest music program in the whole world. No hyperbole. That is a fact. I can't wait to listen to your mixtape at my desk tomorrow!

a cat of impossible colour said...

Hi Amy!

How's your Nanowrimo project going? Would love to hear from you over on the blog if you get the chance!

Andrea x

Related Posts with Thumbnails