Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One more reason I love Craigslist.

Today I scored this incredible vintage Olivetti studio 44 typewriter.

I found out it was made in Italy in 1952.
I found out that Ralph Ellison and Tennessee Williams wrote on the same model.
I found out that they sell between $200 and $425.

Guess how much I paid for mine? Ten bucks, dahling!
I'm already picturing the fab photoshoots that will feature this little beauty. Stay tuned...


If you crave the sound of a typewriter, but are stuck firmly in 2010, you can download this app that makes your keyboard sound like a typewriter! (Only works for macs.) Luckily, the sound is adjustable so you don't have to annoy your significant other or friends more than necessary.

4 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

OMG jealous!! i want a typewriter so badly!

amy said...

I found some on Ebay and Etsy, but I just refused to pay shipping on something so heavy.
You could scour local thrift shops or Craigslist, like I did...

iheartkiwi said...

i am beyond jealous! my mom has an antique typewriter that belonged to her great grandfather. i just love it.

amy said...

@iheartkiwi-- That's amazing! Must be really old. Do you know what kind it is? I found quite a lot of interesting info online about old typewriters, after finding this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails