Tuesday, April 06, 2010

There's this little game we like to play.

It's simple. You all take turns naming a famous person you're attracted to who may not fit the cultural stereotype of "attractive." I happen to love this game, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's really fun to own up to the crushes you have who don't quite fit the norm of "crush-worthy." Let's be honest: there are a ton of really amazing, talented, appealing people in the world who don't look like Brangelina.

This past weekend, we had our favorite Marrieds visit, and in the midst of all the eating and playing around town, we played this game. I'd like to share a few of the names that came up, although I'll never tell who said what.

1. Alan Rickman

I must confess, this was one of mine. Maybe it's his accent. I can't explain it and I don't think I should have to.

2. Bill Murray


3. Fionnula Flanagan


4. Philip Seymour Hoffman


5. Sarah Jessica Parker

OK, OK. I feel a little bad including SJP here. Not only has she been my imaginary BFF for years, but I just don't believe she belongs on this list. At the same time, I've heard from a ton of people who don't think she's quote-unquote conventionally pretty, so there you have it.

6. Woody Allen


7. Ronald Reagan


You guys! Yes, I loved President Reagan back in the day, but I had no idea he was so foxy in his pre-president years. Check him out! That doesn't look like Nancy to me...



Anyone else you think should join the list?

14 comments:

some chick said...

Alan Rickman is DIVINE.

Jeff Goldblum, fo sho.

Kendi Lea said...

I'll admit it -- mine were 6 & 7. I'd still date Woody Allen. And come on RR was a total hottie, even in the 80's.

amy said...

@somechick-- I totally agree with you on Jeff Goldblum! Don't even get me started about him in the first Jurassic Park...

@Kendi-- You're so good to own up to yours. I wholeheartedly agree with you on Woody Allen. As far as RR, we must agree to disagree (except in his younger years). But that's the beauty of the game!

Robyn said...

Peter Sarsgaard! (my boyfriend doesn't get that one at all.)

amy said...

@Robyn-- Ooh, yes! I particularly like when he plays bad guys.

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

SJP and Woody Allen! I love this list. What a fun game. Oh and I second Peter Sarsgaard. I'm going to make my fiance play the game with me tonight. Hmm... xoxo katie

amy said...

@katie-- I know this is off-topic, but I just took a peek at your blog and Etsy shop, and I'm smitten!

The Beso Team said...

Dear Amy,

Thank You for entering the Beso Hunter Boot contest. I hope you are given the opportunity to own a pair of these fabulous lavaboots to remind you of the personality of your fictional character "violets" during the gloomy and rainy days as you walk in comfort.

Thank You and Good Luck!
The Beso Team
http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/

amy said...

Thanks, Beso! I'm so excited about it-- I've told a few friends about the contest as well. If you wanted to put in a good word for me, I wouldn't object. :)

By the way, my main character's name is Violet.

Unknown said...

Tim Burton and Quentin Tarantino because they are geniuses. And Mary Lynn Rajskub because she's Chloe. I thought of other ones over the weekend, but now I forgot them. :)

Amy R in SLC.

amy said...

@Amy R in SLC-- Really good ones! Did you see the GIlmore Girls episode where Chloe has a bit part as a troubadour? Wow. I had to spell check that.

Unknown said...

I have never seen Gilmore Girls, however I guess one of the chicks on there is on Parenthood, and I really like that show, so perhaps I should add Gilmore Girls to my Netflix.

Also, Chef Ramsey and Joel McHale.

Amy R in SLC.

Bryan said...

What about Cloris Leachman??

amy said...

Oh, how could I have forgotten about Adrien Brody?! I'm weak in the knees just thinking about him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails