We've fallen into the most wonderful weekend routine.
On Friday nights, we stay home and cook dinner or order in.
Make that: Nathan cooks or I order in.
We watch movies.
On Saturdays, we have a photoshoot.
On Sundays, we sleep in, followed by brunch with friends.
Then, a Sunday afternoon nap.
The only drawback to this fabulous weekend routine is Monday morning.
Which is how I feel today.
To cheer up, I'd like to list my five favorite Sunday brunches:
1. East Side Cafe -- Blue Plate Special, a.k.a. a smoked salmon and shrimp cake/eggs benedict with a side of their homemade fries and fresh strawberries
2. Alamo Drafthouse -- Bacon Cheddar Scones and the Mimosa Duo
3. Blue Star Cafeteria -- Quiche Lorraine w/ a side of homefries or fruit
4. Santa Rita -- Spicy Jalapeno & Bacon Pancakes - I seriously would like to kiss the chef who created these.
and what we had yesterday:
5. El Chile -- Huevos Motuleños - Two eggs over black-bean purée on a corn tortilla, topped with
ranchero sauce, plus a side of tomatillo-roasted potatoes.
Mmmmm. Just thinking about all that weekend yumminess takes the edge off Monday a little bit.
Do you have a weekend routine? And more importantly, what's your favorite thing to do on the weekend?